Foxit released Foxit Enterprise Reader 6.0.5, which is designed to meet the PDF viewing needs of enterprise and government organizations. Among the many new features, Enterprise Reader 6.0.5 allows organizations to standardize on a proven PDF creation solution enterprise-wide, allowing everyone to create their own PDF documents.
Major New Features and Enhancements Foxit Enterprise Reader 6.0 Provides for Better PDF Reading Experience:
- FREE PDF Creation allows users to quickly and easily create industry standard PDF files.
With one-click, create from Microsoft® Word, PowerPoint, and Excel through the Foxit Reader plug-in. High performance PDF conversion from hundreds of file types by:
- Dragging and dropping the document into Foxit Reader
- Using the Foxit Reader create From File capability
- Right mouse clicking on the file
- Convert hardcopy documents into PDF with the create From Scanner functionality.
- Extend any application with print capabilities to include PDF conversion through the included Foxit Reader PDF Printer (PDF print driver).
- Cut and paste content via the Windows clipboard into a new PDF by using the From Clipboard feature.
- Ribbon-Based Toolbar
- New user interface with a ribbon-based toolbar based on Microsoft Office 2013 (Office 15) design is more intuitive and provides users with a familiar user experience.
- Read and Search PDF Portfolios
Open and read PDF portfolios and perform searches either within a single PDF file or across all the PDF files in the portfolio.
- Create and Insert Stamps
Allows users to create and insert stamps into their PDF documents and forms, by selecting from a choice of pre-made stamps or creating static custom stamps.
- PDF Sign
Allows users to sign documents with their own handwriting. Signatures can be created from an image of your signature or by writing it yourself on touch enabled desktop systems or tablets. Users can quickly and easily manage, place, and apply these signatures.
- Plug-in Manager
Adds plug-in Manager showing a list of installed plug-ins and their details.
- Comments Summary
Supports sorting comments by checkmark status, setting current properties of any comment as default, and deleting comment by batch. Plus, note comments can now be printed.
- Booklet Printing
Allows users to print multipage PDFs in booklet format.
- Run Script Right Control
Supports to control the right of running Scripts for better PDF protection.
- Whitelist Trusted URLs for Form Submission
Enables users to create and maintain a whitelist of the trusted URLs when submitting form online.
An MSI package has been made available since Foxit Reader 4.x, but you will have to register for this first here.