iTunes is now a full 64-bit application on 64-bit editions of Windows 8, 7, and Vista. This update also includes bug fixes and improves performance when syncing with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
iTunes 12.0's new features:
- You'll now see a line of icons for music, movies, TV, audiobooks and apps along the top left of the navigation bar within the iTunes 12 window, rather than the dropdown menu or left-hand column you'll find in the current iTunes, depending on the view you use.
- There's a '…' more menu, which lets you see the other options such as iTunes U, Podcasts and more. You can change which icons appear outside of the drop down menu for easy access, depending on your preferences.
- In the middle of the navigation bar, you'll now see 'My Music,' 'Playlist,' 'Match,' 'Radio,' and 'iTunes Store.' That's in the place of the current 'Songs,' 'Albums,' 'Artists,' 'Genres,' 'Videos,' 'Playlists,' 'Radio.'
- Those options are now found at the right of the navigation bar in a drop down menu, where 'iTunes Store' is currently.
- The Apps screen and iTunes Store have adopted new designs, too, now flatter and more like the iOS 8 App Store. The storefront revamp emerged in October, later than the other design changes. Gone are the display cards in the carousel, which now appear as scrollable but completely flat banners. Shadows have been removed, too, and a slighty tweaked font has been introduced.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit HT1222.